Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Edward`s amber eyes drove me crazy! [Robert Pattison]


Rob: Edward's Amber Eyes Drove Me Crazy!


Twilight hunk struggled with colored contacts during filming
By TheImproper.com


The eyes supposedly say it all, but Twilight star Robert Pattinson had a hard time expressing any emotion through character Edward Cullen’s amber-colored eyes. 

That’s because the blue-eyed Rob was forced to wear amber contact lenses to look the part of the brooding Edward. When he reprises his role in the film’s sequel, New Moon (2009), it won't be without some discomfort, Rob reveals, because the tinted lenses irritate his eyes. 

Pattinson, 22, has already signed a multi-million dollar deal to play Edward again in the franchise's two sequels that will be filmed through 2010. Both are also based on Stephenie Meyer's best-selling book series. 

But there's one aspect of the character he’s not looking forward to. "Wearing colored contact lenses...It was like I constantly had sand in my eyes,” he told OK! magazine. 

“I was wearing them for three months constantly and my eyes never ever accepted them," explains Rob. "It took me 20 minutes per eye every single day and I ended up having to literally fold it into my eyeball." 

The "two orange blobs" in his eyes, he says, curbed his ability to act, because he couldn't properly use his eyes to portray his character's emotions. "It was frustrating as well because normally your eyes are saying something, but if you've got two orange blobs in your face it's so annoying.” 

"The director [Catherine Hardwicke] would say, 'Look at [Bella] (played by Kristen Stewart) like you love her,' and I'd be like, 'I'm trying!' I'm going to have to do it again because we're making the sequel next year." 

The sizzling on-screen chemistry between Pattinson and Stewart elevated the film's romantic story line. Kristen, 18, says the hunky 6'1" Pattinson was perfect for the role. 

"Not to put down any of the other actors who came in [to audition], because they were really good, but everyone came in playing Edward as this perfect, happy-go-lucky guy," says Kristen. "But I got hardcore pain from Rob. It was purely just connection.”


No comments:

Post a Comment