Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I didn`t have a girlfriend until I was 18 [Robert Pattison]


Rob: 'I Didn't Have a Girlfriend Until I Was 18'


Twilight hunk recalls being a shy loner during his youth
By TheImproper.com


Twilight hottie Robert Pattinson was a late bloomer who says he didn't have a girlfriend until he was 18. But interestingly, he had his first kiss at the tender age of 12—during a game of spin the bottle! 

Rob, 22, has since blossomed into an overnight Hollywood sensation, but the level-headed Brit confesses he isn't a ladies' man. In fact, Rob says he has never been in love. "I was a bit of a loner at school, quite anti-social," he recalls. "My first kiss was when I was 12, but I didn't have a girlfriend until I was 18." 

What a difference a few short years makes! Now, the handsome (and single) 6'1" star can't even go to a nightclub without paparazzi swarming him, thanks to his newfound star status courtesy of Twi's monster success. The vampire romance has grossed a staggering $263 million worldwide since its Nov. 21 U.S. debut. Fortunately, Twi's devoted fans won't have to wait too long for a sequel. 

New Moon (the second installment in the best-selling Twilight book series), will begin shooting in March with both Pattinson and his co-star Kristen Stewart, 18, set to reprise their roles as star-crossed lovers Edward Cullen and Bella Swan. 

Production on the highly anticipated sequel will be rushed to accommodate a November 2009 release. And a third installment, Eclipse (2010), will be shot back-to-back with New Moon.



But can Rob handle all the adoration and attention? While he admits the white-hot media glare can be bewildering at times, he remains level-headed about it all. 

"It's funny to see my face on t-shirts, but I'm grateful to be part of this massive phenomenon," says Pattinson. "There are only so many times this is going to happen in your life." 

Interestingly, modest and self-effacing Rob says people often confuse him for his character. "[Some fans] say, "Sorry! I called you Edward." Considering how adored the Edward character is by millions of people around the world, that's hardly an unflattering comparison.


No comments:

Post a Comment