Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I think girls prefer bad boys [Robert Pattison]


Robert Pattinson: 'I Think Girls Prefer Bad Boys'


By TheImproper.com


Twilight sensation Robert Pattinson is now a bona fide Hollywood superstar and sex symbol, thanks to the vampire romance's stunning worldwide popularity. Rob's boyish good looks coupled with his self-effacing personality is a winning combination that has won him legions of young fans. 

But Rob, 22, is convinced that girls like bad boys over nice guys (not true, by the way). "I found that women prefer men with small flaws—bad boys," he says. "They don’t always open the door for you, but they promise adventure. A guy like James Dean would always win out against a gentleman."


The 6'1" British heartthrob grew up watching American movies and admired American film icons. He calls James Dean a "cool guy" and has idolized Jack Nicholson for years. "There is no film of his where you get bored," says Rob. "I've been obsessed with him since I was a boy. He has been my hero since I was seven years old." 

Among modern film stars, Pattinson wishes to emulate Johnny Depp, 45. "I love the career that Depp has," he says. "I would love to do the same: combine making [big-budget] popular films with independent projects."


But taking on new projects is on hold until at least 2010, when Rob completes filming Twi's two sequels: New Moon (2009) and Eclipse (2010). So far, there has been no word on whether Breaking Dawn, the fourth and last installment of the best-selling Twilight book series, will be adapted into a movie. But given the franchise's staggering popularity, it wouldn't be a surprise if it were filmed eventually. 



But either way, Pattinson will be busy for the next two years, which may leave him little time for a love life. Rob, who says he's still single, is refreshingly down-to-earth despite his incredible popularity. 

"My mum still thinks I’m an idiot," he jokes. "I’d describe myself as laid-back and not vain." Rob, who was a teen model, says he learned to develop a thick skin early on. "I modeled when I was a teenager," he recounts. "In that job, you learn to take rejection in stride." 

With his star on the rise, Rob will be able to carve out the career he wants, if he plays his cards right. But even if things don't work out perfectly, he's okay with that too. 

"You know, I’ve failed at so many things in my life that I’m not afraid of anything anymore," says Rob. "So now I’m like, ‘If it crashes, it crashes," he laughs. "Who cares?"


Somehow, we doubt Rob's career will crash anytime soon. New Moon shines in November, 2009.


No comments:

Post a Comment