Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I don`t think I`m good-looking! [Robert Pattison]


Rob Pattinson: 'I Don't Think I'm Good-Looking'


Self-effacing Twilight hunk hates watching himself on the big screen
By TheImproper.com


Twilight hottie Robert Pattinson has the world at his feet. The previously unknown British actor has been catapulted onto the Hollywood A-List, thanks to his star-making turn as the mysterious and irresistible vampire, Edward Cullen. 

But Pattinson--who now attracts hordes of screaming girls everywhere he goes--doesn't understand his appeal. "I never really considered myself attractive," says Rob, 22. "I was always kind of gangly in school."


Ironically, Edward is described in the Twilight book series as an unspeakably beautiful Adonis by the protagonist, Bella Swan (played by the beautiful Kristen Stewart). 

Pattinson admits he was intimidated when he walked in to audition for the part and tried hard to focus more on Edward's deep emotional connection to Bella rather than his dazzling appearance. In fact, Rob says he almost skipped the audition because he was unsure he could pull off the physicality required of the stunningly handsome Edward character. 

"That’s the reason I didn’t want to go in for the part initially, because it’s really putting yourself out there," Pattinson explains. "Going in for the audition, I felt like a bit of an idiot. I felt prejudged by anyone who turned up to the casting. I just thought even having the gall to go in means you’re a bit of an arrogant prick." 

But even after landing the coveted role (beating out 5,000 other actors who had auditioned for it), the dashing 6'1" Rob still doesn't consider himself a hottie. 

"Good-looking? Noooo,” he says. "Before I go out to face a crowd, I stare and stare at myself in the mirror until I have to tell myself to stop staring, since there’s nothing I can do.” Is it because he's concerned about not living up to fans' high expectations? "Yes." 

Despite Pattinson's self-doubt, he has become a bona fide global matinee idol, and Twilight continues to tear up the box office, having grossed over $263 million worldwide since its Nov. 21 release. But don't expect Rob to re-watch his hit film anytime soon. 

"I don't really like watching my stuff," he says. "It makes me feel sick. You imagine you look a certain way in your head, and when it looks even the slightest bit different from what you imagine, you go, 'Rubbish!'


No comments:

Post a Comment